You can call or email us at: . . .
248-779-7000 – Office
866-623-6279 – Fax
P.O. Box 251394
West Bloomfield, MI 48325
Feel free to use this logo for press and media
PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHY By
email: email@example.com Phone:248-895-9159
MAKES ABOUT 3 CUPS
This alternative to dairy cheese can be used in place of any soft dairy cheese—as a spread on vegetables and crackers or in Spinach Mushroom Lasagna.
3 cups raw cashews, soaked in water 4 hours to overnight
¼ cup rejuvelac, or 1 capsule probiotic powder in ¼ teaspoon to ¼ cup water
½ teaspoon sea salt
Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped olives, peppercorns, herbs (optional)
TOOLS: High-speed blender, mesh container or sieve and cheesecloth
• Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until perfectly smooth.
• Add in more rejuvelac or water if necessary to achieve smooth consistency.
• Dampen cheese cloth and layer inside mesh container.
• Pour cashew mixture into cheesecloth and cover.
• Let stand to ripen about 12 hours over bowl.
• Place weight on top if mixture has excess liquid.
• Store covered in the refrigerator about 24 hours to firm up.
• Roll Cashew Cheese in sun-dried tomatoes, chopped olives, peppercorns, or fresh herbs, if desired, pressing gently.
CHEF’S NOTE: CASHEW CHEESE KEEPS, IN AN AIRTIGHT CONTAINER, UP TO 2 DAYS.